Re: why, e.g., input/@checked="checked" ?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 07:19:15AM -0800, Robert Koberg wrote:
> >  <input ... true>

> It is probably a lack of understanding in SGML, but I don't understand
> why you use true there and not checked.

To demonstrate why having true/false as values for the checked
attribute would be a bad idea. It isn't a valid code example.

> Anyway, next I'll ask why is the following invalid?
>
> <input ... checked="">

The _only_ value allowed for the attribute is 'checked'. A null string
is not 'checked' and so isn't allowed. If the attribute is present
then it must have the value 'checked'.