Wrapping paragraph text around blocks

From: Barry <wassercrats@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:03:22 +0000
To: <www-html@w3.org>

Hi list, I'm back.

It's not valid to put a table, list, or other block-level element within a
paragraph, which forced me to put text that I wanted wrapped around a list
(the green list at http://www.polisource.com/consumer-protection.shtml ) in
a div instead of a paragraph. That changes the semantics, so it's not a good
solution. I could use an image, but then I'd have to duplicate the list in
the alt text or in a title.

How about allowing a block to be placed within a paragraph? Would it be
better to do this with CSS (I know that would belong on a different list)
and create a property that causes two separate blocks, such as a div
containing paragraphs and another containing a list, to be pulled together
when rendered, so the text of the first block would be wrapped around the
second?

Wassercrats