Re: Internationalization Core comments on XHTML2

"David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

>> proper language identification much thought, it seems the Working
>> Group expects quite some change in the XHTML community. I do not see
>
> Whilst I certainly agree with you with respect to the current mass
> market HTML authoring community, XHTML 2.0 is unlikely to be taken up
> by the current HTML/XHTML 1.0 community as it is very much different from
> the pseudo page description languages that they prefer.

If the use cases of XHTML 2.0 are not web-pages created by Web Authors, what
is it?  I've previously always evaluated it against this use case by these
users, and "XHTML 2 is a general-purpose markup language designed for
representing documents for a wide range of purposes across the World Wide
Web" seems to make it clear that, the current web-authors are exactly the
audience.

Jim.