Re: blockquote and quotation in XHTML 2.0

Le 05-06-21 à 13:08, fantasai a écrit :
> The problem with this is that you really can't tell whether or not
> the second paragraph is part of the quotation.

Mostly agreed, the content model of blockquote being quite undefined
(for the best or the worse) it's difficult to say that it should be
or not inside.

My question is really to be able to express something like that:

<>
     dc:title        "La Chambre de l'amant" ;
     dc:creator      "Wei Hui" ;
     dc:lang         "fr" ;
     dc:identifier   <urn:isbn: 2-7467-0454-4> ;
     my:quote        "La ville est une fleur vénéneuse
                      qui s'évanouit en brillant de mille
                      feux, pleine de folie et vide de sens." .

[hreview][1] doesn't give the possibility to do that and it would not
be the good purpose.

[1] http://www.microformats.org/wiki/hreview

Maybe an hquote to create.

There's also the fact that your elements for your quotes can be
spread at many places in the page. It's quite common in fact.

For example, I could write in a Weblog

a></cite> has talked about microformats in his article <cite
class="dc:title"><a href="http://tantek.com/log/
2005/06.html#d14t0854">The Business Case for Microformats</a></
cite>:</p>

colleague">Bud Gibson</a> wrote a post recently titled <cite><a
href="http://thecommunityengine.com/home/archives/2005/06/
microformats_pr.html">Microformats provide immediate search
visibility</a></cite>.  Bud compares <a href="http://
developers.technorati.com/wiki/MicroFormats">microformats</a> with
other efforts and in the process explains why both publishing and
indexing microformats has already proven to be a positive feedback
loop.</p>

Why it is useful because:
     - I can really have an analysis of quotes through a community.
     - I can create a quote database on a Web site.
         http://diveintomark.org/archives/citations/
     - I can built a search engine for quotes
         http://www.quotationspage.com/

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***