Re: [XHTML2] How are UAs to interpret <h> and <hx> elements?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:11:28 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> Then that would make <h> a separator in some cases too. e.g.

I think that is simply a side effect of not being able to specify an
adequate content mode in the formal language.  The text says:

   The heading for the section is the one that is a child of the section
   element.

in which the use of "The" implies only one h as direct child of
any section.  However the text needs to make the, at most, one h per
section rule explicit - do I need to propose that formally to get it
into the system?

Multiple h's as direct children of section then becomes an error case, if
you take the view that authors should author to the standard, and yet
another boundary case that needs defining, if you take the view that
authors can never write erroneous code.