Re: The relationship to RDF

On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:21:19 +0200, Sjoerd Visscher <sjoerd@w3future.com>
wrote:

Hi Sjoerd,

> I'm reading Steven Pembertons talk:
>
> blockquote cite="http://www.w3.org/2005/Talks/05-steven-xtech/"
>
>    We can now say that <meta> and <rel> define RDF triples:
>
>      * 'about' is the subject,
>      * 'property' and 'rel' are the predicate,
>      * for <meta> the content is a string or XML literal object,
>      * for <link> 'href' gives the object.
>
> /blockquote
>
> Maybe he simplified things, but I don't think this has anything to do
> with meta and link, because it works with any element.

If you look at my slides again, this quote is from a point in the talk
before I mention generalising to any element. So at that point the
audience only knows about <meta> and <link>.

By the way, none of my slides are normative, only informative (I hope).

> I think this should be:
>
>    We can now say that 'property' and 'rel' define RDF triples:
>
>      * 'about' is the subject,
>      * 'property' and 'rel' are the predicate,
>      * for 'property' the content is:
>        - a string when there is a 'content' attribute,
>        - an XML literal object otherwise,
>      * for 'rel' 'href' gives the object.

You'll find similar wording at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xhtml2-20050527/mod-metaAttributes.html#sec_23.2.