Re: longcode and longquote instead of blockcode and blockquote

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:27:04 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 06:22:12PM -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:

> > I use block quotes because they contain paragraphs, or blocks of code
> > - i.e. becuase I'm quoting blocks - not due to their length.

> If that's the case then wouldn't <codeblock>

If I'm quoting code? No. Although it might be useful to have a block
element for holding code. Currently I use a <pre> with a <code> inside
it. Although I would probably still use an inline code element inside
that as sometimes I have several nested <code> (e.g. with classes
"xml", "tag", "attribute", "value", etc) since that provides an
elegent way to attach syntax highlighting in a stylesheet).

> or <quoteblock> be more accurate?

A block that is quoted, or a quoted block. Makes little different
really. I'd stick to blockquote to avoid needless (and confusing)
differences with HTML 4 element names.