Re: Marking elements as 'volatile'

On 2005-01-02T19:57:37+03:00 Denis Defreyne <amonre@amonre.org> wrote:

> I can hear some people whisper the magic word "RSS". Indeed, marking
> elements volatile in XHTML pages might not be very useful anymore when
> there's an RSS feed. However, lots of sites don't have RSS feeds yet,
> and some sites will never have one.

Then, what makes you think these sites will someday have the markup
you proposed? At http://www.activerefresh.com/ there's a program that
allows you to monitor the pages without any feed by analyzing various
parts of the code (that you choose).

> What is more, some content is
> difficult or even virtually impossible to serve using RSS. This is why
> I believe that volatile elements in XHTML will be very useful.

I agree with David Woolley: out of HTML scope.

Alexander
--
  Alexander Savenkov                            http://www.xmlhack.ru/
  savenkov@xmlhack.ru             http://www.xmlhack.ru/authors/croll/