Re: The Conflicting Notions of Ease of Use and Need for Authoring Tools

Le 04 janv. 2005, à 13:34, Orion Adrian a écrit :
>> fever, but because they don't care. Don't tell my dad he has to care
>> about
>> semantics when he wants to push online a page with the photos of his
>> grand-
>
> Those classes are, in the case of HTML, semantic. CSS revolves around
> the idea of styling semantic information, but is rarely used that way,
> especially since most people could care about semantics as you say.

Well classes are already an order of magnitude too much for many
people. The fact is that for each elements and attributes of XHTML,
there should (tempted to use MUST) be one or more use cases
illustrating  the benefits of the markup, but also showing the
implementability of it. We are far from that in HTML for a long time.

I would be also very surprised to see a XHTML requirement document
based on the desires/needs of common users.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***