Re: Test Suite for Object element in HTML 4.01 (XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:29:03 -0500
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>

Le 15 févr. 2005, à 11:52, Tantek Çelik a écrit :
> A test *suite* would be sufficient but not necessary in this case.
> All that
> would be necessary is are the minimum tests to prove the above
> statement
> that " the element object is not implemented correctly on any
>  browser I have tried so far" along with a list of such browsers.  A
> proper
> test suite for object is probably quite a bit more work.

Ok. :)

* Intrinsice size
	http://www.w3.org/QA/2004/02/object/test-case-001.html

So we can expect that the image will be displayed with its intrinsic
size unfortunately it's not. Specifically because of

For example on

- Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12)
	not displayed with intrinsic size
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.5)
Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
	Seems correct
- Opera Version	7.51, Build	1797, Platform	MacOS X
	Seems correct

* Fallback mechanism.
	http://www.w3.org/QA/2004/02/object/test-case-005.html

When the first object is not available, the fallback mechanism applies
and the User agent must render the content of the object, which is in
this case a text.

- Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12)
	display a case with nothing except a file icon
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.5)
Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
	Display the text which is right
		(but as a bizarre behaviour with regards the CSS of the object which
is still displayed but without respecting the size of the box.)
- Opera Version	7.51, Build	1797, Platform	MacOS X
	display a big box with the Error page of W3C

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***