Re: <spoiler> element

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 07:38:36 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> There are various opinions on this topic; me, myself and I all would
> happily add xlink:type="simple" if, in return, we'd get
> xlink:type="extended" and external linkbases. If, in return, we'd use
> standards in XHTML, rather than home-brew proprietary solutions; the

My impression is that, in the market for which HTML was originally
intended, people are voting with their feet for simpler linking
constructs, in particular [[xxxxx]] and [http://yyyy xxxxx]
in Wiki language (which uses HTML largely presentationally to
achieve relatively semantic documents).  There are probably
similar examples in BBS type applications.