Re: [Structure Module] Renaming the <html> element to more semantic name

Jukka K. Korpela schreef:
>>  XML-based browser, of which at the time of writing means more than 95%
>>  of browsers in use, can process new markup languages without having to
>>  be updated.
>
> Are you quoting something? It sounds odd propaganda. Internet Explorer
> cannot handle XHTML 1.0 properly, and now you're saying the Web is
> safe for brave new XHTML?

Just for the record, XHTML 2.0 isn’t even close yet to becoming a
Recommendation, so let’s not worry about that. The IE developers
mentioned that XHTML support was something they’d consider for Internet
Explorer 8, and if Internet Explorer 8 is released in a year from now,
or two, it will still be released before XHTML 2.0 has proceeded to
Recommendation, possibly even before it has become a Candidate
Recommendation.

Additionally, the web isn’t the only place where XHTML is used. In the
publishing system for my company’s website, I am using XHTML 2.0 (mainly
@href attributes to everything as well) based on the current working
draft right now.

~Grauw