Re: [Structure Module] Renaming the <html> element to more semantic name

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:11:33 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> Spelled words are empty and the element "document" has not more sense
> than element "html" (specifically after 15 years of history by a

I would say that document is a particularly bad name because all true
markup language files are documents.  As such, I'd say that there was an
implied <document></document> around every piece of XML.  (I realise that
XML is being used as the new ASN.1 BER, so is being used for tag-value
applications that can't reasonably be called documents.)