Re: [Structure Module] Renaming the <html> element to more semantic name

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>However, let me note that the html element defined in XHTML 2.0 is not
>backwards compatible, it has a new namespace for non obvious reasons.

  XML-based browser, of which at the time of writing means more than 95%
  of browsers in use, can process new markup languages without having to
  be updated.

So how could XHTML 2.0 be possibly not be compatible? Also note that
XHTML 2.0 is the central part in W3C's effort to re-boot the web, as
you can read on http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/future/

  In discussions, it was agreed that further extending HTML 4.0 would
  be difficult, as would converting 4.0 to be an XML application. The
  proposed way to break free of these restrictions is to make a fresh
  start with the next generation of HTML based upon a suite of XML
  tag-sets.