Re: object + fallback content in form submission

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 01:25:41 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> I would have thought not, as the textarea is effectively the
> alternative for situations in which the object can't be
> rendered. However, in IE6, IE7beta and FF 1.5 (and possibly
> other browser, haven't tested much further) submit both.

Apologies...a correction to my previous statement. IE works fine,
Out of the list above, this seems to only affect FF 1.5. I'll file
it to bugzilla, as it does look like erroneous behaviour to me.

I'd still be interested in the second issue concerning multiple
inputs with the same name, though.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/