Re: XHTML2: Proposal for total separation of semantics from structure

From: Edward Lass <elass@goer.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:12:58 -0400
To: <www-html@w3.org>

What benefit is gained by moving semantics from XHTML elements to XHTML
attribute values? This strikes me as being very similar to using the
style attribute and then arguing that we've now "separated" presentation
from content. Well, it's still in the same place. It's just done a
little differently.

Ed.

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 09:32 +0200, Rob Mientjes wrote:
> Exactly. You're basically just trying to get rid of predefined
> semantics? I'm not sure if _that_'s a good idea.

I never said that allowed values of the semantics attribute shouldn't
be
predefined somewhere. They should be; much like allowed values of
<link
rel="X"> are.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me  ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact

This message has been scanned by the NYS GOER WebShield.