Re: Any idea of a date XHTML2 will be "ratified"

XHTML 2 is a working draft [1]. I wouldn't recommend that you base any
classes on it at this stage, beyond perhaps mentioning it and some of
its key improvements, as a lot could change between now and CR, PR or
final recommendation [2].

For the official roadmap, see [3].

Jasper

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/#status