Re: tag for notion and compound indication

From: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:40:47 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

If this could be done without human intervention, I'm all for it, but
it's hard to get web authors (and the genenaral populace) to do
anything without giving them an insane return on their time investment
which is really how it should be. Once we've exhausted all the big
benefits will we go to the small ones.

I understand the desire to have this information there, but it really
doesn't scale well since it puts the work on the author and not on the
computer where it belongs and if this markup could be done by computer
accurately or even fairly accurately, that's where it should be done.
The only things that should be marked up are those things that a
computer cannot do itself.

--

Orion Adrian