Re: Tag / element question

From: <trejkaz@xaoza.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:02:53 +1000
To: www-html@w3.org
At Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 09:33:30PM +0300, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> If the real difference between <thead> and <tfoot> is that the former is
> above the table body and the latter is below it, then it's presentational
> difference and should be handled outside HTML. A simple way to achieve
> this would be to allow multiple <thead> elements, which can then be styled
> (e.g., positioned) as desired.

If this is does become the agreed-upon case, I think people would rather see both
elements abolished and replaced by a single element which can mean both.  Mostly
because, it's unintuitive if a <thead/> is a footer.

Maybe something like <trunning/> would be the way to go, but I'm sure someone
can come up with a better name than that.  Having the word "running" in the
name is good, though, because it means people like Microsoft have less excuses
when they fail to make it run across pages. :-)

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz@xaoza.net>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/trejkaz/