Re: The status on <address>

* Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>> I am still waiting for a response from the HTML Working Group though.
>
>Have you still not heard anything from them, Bjoern? I can't see that
>anything have been posted to the www-html list.

I am afraid members of the HTML Working Group tend to avoid posting to
the www-html and www-html-editor mailing lists. If you post to www-html-
editor you usually get an automated reponse indicating that the message
has been forwarded to their issue tracking system. Then, sometimes you
might be lucky and they send you a response within a few weeks. If you
are less lucky you don't hear anything from them for month, years, ...
Postings to www-html are, in my experience, usually ignored entirely.
You can find their tracking systems at

  http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/voyager-issues
  http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xhtml2-issues

I do not know why http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/ does not link to these, it
might seem that they don't want people to know about it so they don't
have to deal with dissatisfied reviewers, but I am sure there are other
reasons. So, for the specific issue, no, I have not yet heard from them.
The specific issue is

  http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xhtml2-issues?selectid=7668

But maybe they will post their response to me also to the lists I've
copied, at least I don't know of any other W3C Working Group that does
not, so it seems reasonable to expect that. Either way, I am sure it
will happen soon as they plan to publish a Last Call Working Draft this
month (see http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml-roadmap/).