Re: Name-value lists

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@tigerstaden.no>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:25:51 +0200
To: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: "HTML List" <www-html@w3.org>

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:22:31 +0100 (BST), David Woolley
<david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I seem to remember that this format (without the :s) was in the original
> HTML specifications as an example of DL rendering, but browser
> implementors didn't implement it.

I'm more concerned with the semantical value of DL than how it is rendered.

> You can't do it with CSS1, but you can do it with CSS2, using:
>
> dt: {display: compact}

Okay, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. But it's still not appropriate to
use DL for any name/value paired list, imho.

> although it wouldn't suprise me if implementation of this was uncommon.

Me too.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg    -=|=-     http://virtuelvis.com/quark/