Re: [XHTML2] Specifying alternative resources/content

To me the issue is "can one for practical purposes fold the
intrinsically tuple-space problem
into a choice tree?"

The constructive affirmative is explored by the DI Selection draft:

http://www.w3.org/TR/cselection/

Reasons for skepticism may also be found at:

Find "decisioning" in:
http://www.w3.org/2004/06/DI-MCA-WS/submissions/position-ag.html

In the end we need use cases such as Risto has provided and responses
from the format
proponents as to how one would use the constructs they have provided
to accomplish
the end desired.

This is a good thread, it bears careful development.

Al