Re: [xframes] Remarks

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:27:05 +0200 (MEST)
To: "Steven Pemberton" <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org,www-html@w3.org

> [...] and there is no way to
> tell the server "I only accept HTML without Frames".

Well, but content negotiation also means "I prefer the German version of
this resource", CMIIW. And to be honest, I don't know if this really does
not work with framesets.

> There is much discussion about the appropriateness of the style
> attribute, since it undermines one of the basic premises of
> stylesheets: the separation of content and presentation.

I know this "discussion", and if you check my site you'll notice that I even
don't use "class" and "id" attributes to achieve a /full/ separation.

Nonetheless, I can only answer what I answered Dave (Woolley) yet: The
"style" situation changes completely if you take at least the proposed
"complete style sheet profile" [1] into account, and this is at least one
issue what some "no style" advocates seem to miss.

Regards,
 Jens.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-style-attr#complete

--