Re: [xframes] Remarks

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:13:09 +0200 (MEST)
To: Dosuchin <gohankid77@gmail.com>
Cc: "W3C HTML" <www-html@w3.org>,"W3C HTML Editors" <www-html-editor@w3.org>

> RE: [3] - Would it really make sense to allow Web authors to use
> the style attribute on a frame? You already have the class and id
> attributes. [...]

And if you already have the "class" and "id" attributes, why shouldn't you
be allowed to use "style", too? If you question the use of the "style"
attribute here, please question at least "class", too. That's my opinion.

> IMHO, the style attribute should be left as it is in the XFrames WD:
> nonexistent.

It might make perfect sense to define something via "style" attribute if it
occurs only once -- this might affect images, but also frames. If you
propose to define the width and height measure of frames introducing a
"class" for each of them, I claim that this is bad practice. (And not being
allowed to use "style" here means you're forced to this practice.)

-- I didn't want to start a discussion about the current XFrames WD, and I
didn't want to judge /anything/ concerning XFrames in general -- the only
thing I wanted is to make two remarks :)

 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert
Interface Architect (IxD)