Re: Concerns about the "l" element name <l>

From: Johannes Koch <koch@w3development.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:56:04 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> If you want something that really means a list of definitions, you should
> at least name it differently, to avoid association with <dl> and to make
> the markup less cryptic. On the other hand, you might also consider how
> useful such a specialized construct is.

That reminds me of a problem I had, when I wanted to markup something
because it was different from the surrounding stuff. But there was no
appropriate element in (X)HTML. Then I thought that there should be some
hierarchy of markup element types - from general to specific, so that
you can markup everything - at least with the most generic element type.
--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)