Re: hr, fieldset, legend, sub, sup not to be removed XHTML Basic

At Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:42:50AM +0100, Vicente Luque Centeno wrote:
> * Perhaps some king of table or element with border might be configured to
> look like a horizontal rule, but it will never be as semantically valid as
> "hr" for stablishing a horizontal rule, which is a clear, well known,
> simple separator. Using other tags to achieve similar visual
> representation is a BIG mistake (degenerated markup).

I agree.  You should use the structure of the WHOLE DOCUMENT to create
separations between sections, not the HR element, and not any other hacks
either (in context, I just defined HR as a hack.  This was intentional.)

And if you want the graphical rule, use CSS between the appropriate sections
to draw the line.  The added bonus is that people won't have to remember to
insert the HR element everywhere, it will be drawn where it makes sense.

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz@xaoza.net>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/trejkaz/