Re: Concerns about the "l" element name <l>

From: Florent Geffroy <lecastor2001@yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:08:10 +0000
To: <www-html@w3.org>

Hi!

I just want to throw my 2 cents:

The first thing I've learned when developing things is to have a font that
make the distinction between l I, 1 or |. You can then avoid this kind of
error.

You may find on the web fonts specially designed for developers (lots of
freeware fonts. For example "profont",
http://www.tobias-jung.de/seekingprofont/).

Moreover, I personally prefer <l> than <line>, because it is smaller. Html
pages must be the smallest possible, as they may be served to low-bandwidth
connections, so smaller is the better :)

Hope it helps.

Florent Geffroy