Recommendation for HTML 4.02

From: Dave DeLong <dave@davedelong.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:14:47 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to be sending an email like this
(if it isn't could someone please tell me where is), but I was
thinking:

It would be really useful to have a <TC> ("TableColumn") tag, as part
of the <TABLE> structure.  Occasionally I build pages that require
sorting things top to bottom, then left to right.  In cases like these,
I have to know the ENTIRE table structure before starting the table
creation.  That's why I'm proposing something like this:

<TABLE WIDTH=100% BORDER=1 etc..>
	<TC>
		<TD>1</TD>
		<TD>2</TD>
		<TD>3</TD>
		<TD>4</TD>
	</TC>
	<TC>
		<TD>5</TD>
		<TD>6</TD>
		<TD>7</TD>
		<TD>8</TD>
	</TC>
</TABLE>

This would construct a table that looks like this:

|	1	|	5	|
|	2	|	6	|
|	3	|	7	|
|	4	|	8	|