Re: CSS: Extended tiling. Proposal

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:01:17 -0500
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, www-html@w3.org

Bert Bos wrote:
> it seems there is a technology missing: maybe browsers should support
> some format that is in fact a ZIP or TAR of a compound document...

See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/signed-scripts.html --
this talks about putting an entire webpage in a signed JAR, but the jar:
protocol works for any ZIP/JAR file, signed or not, in Mozilla.

It's not a performance winner quite yet due to the way caching of the jar file
is (not) done, but we're hoping to fix that...

-Boris