Re: XML Events : Should modification of the node containing a script be allowed?

"Victor Kapustin" <vak@mail.nw.ru> wrote in message
> But. Browsers, AFAIK, use SAX-like approach for faster rendering. That
means
> that the Standard should clearly forbid ANY scripting before the DOM tree
> has been created - before onLoad event has been fired (no exceptions for
any
> "init").

That would be completely ridiculous!  Do you have any idea what you are
suggesting - consider 1mb document delivered over a 9.6k connection - you're
saying the XML onmouseover event should be forbidden until it's loaded?
Incremental rendering/interactivity is an absolute requirement on the web,
SVG has shown how incremental rendering and XML can work together.

> You are right: ECMAScript has no include capability. Is there any way to
> request the feature? And <script> scoping too?

Are you not doing this?  but I do not see what problem you are having, if
you want scoping in ES, closures can give you that easily, we don't need
half baked solutions in XHTML to do it.

Jim.