Comments welcome on Web Forms 2.0 proposal

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:39:54 +0000 (UTC)
To: www-html@w3.org

A group of us have been unofficially working on a proposal of extensions
to HTML4's Forms chapter, and would like to get input from a wider range
of people now that we think our draft proposal is reaching a stable stage:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/2004-06-27-call-for-comments/

Some of the features we are proposing include new input control types for
dates, times, e-mail addresses, and numbers; a new client-side validation
model; a way to mark input controls as required; a repetition model;
control over form submission so that forms can be updated instead of
causing the page to be replaced; and more.

If you have any comments or suggestions to make regarding this proposal,
please send them to our mailing list: