Re: proposal for change of Flow.model

At 09:37 +0200 2004-07-28, fantasai wrote:
>Karl Dubost wrote:
>>  Le 26 juil. 2004, à 13:11, fantasai a écrit :
>>>  How would you distinguish between an inline code snippet
>>>  and a block of code, which needs to be formatted as a
>>>  block and needs all its whitespace presented, etc.?
>>  display: block;
>>  display: inline;
>
>What, you mean to use a 'style' attribute to distinguish
>whether the code is a short fragment or a complete block?

Hello fantasai and others!

Is there a semantic difference between a short and a long sequence of code?

Whitespace should of course be presented appropriate for good
readability. In my markup I will probably consider code inside a
paragraph as a short/inline fragment and code directly in a section
as a complete block. Exceptions can be classed different. Thus I will
write:

<section>
</section>

and

<section>
   <h>Adding a bike</h>
   <code>
     private void addBike() {
         /* very interesting code here */
     }
   </code>
</section>

As css I can use (and [hope my browser will/tell by browser to] use
as default):

section > code {
   display: block;
   /* whitespace as appropriate */