Re: [XHTML2] DESCRIPTION element

From: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz@xaoza.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:34:35 +1000
To: www-html@w3.org
At Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 09:30:35AM +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> >Are you sure about this, though?  From what I can tell, one of the oldest
> >failings
> >(or features, depending on your POV) of CSS is that you can't have
> >selectors which
> >check for child elements.  So if you wanted to somehow apply a style to
> >all elements
> >which were cited from a document in another language, you couldn't do this
> >if you
> >had the xml:lang attribute on a child <description/> element.
>
>   selector:hover>description{
>    /* styles */
>   }
>
> Is all that is needed I guess.

That would style the description.  How do you style the element which is being described?

TX

--
'Every sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic' - Arthur C Clarke
'Every sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology' - Tom Graves

             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz@xaoza.net>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/trejkaz/
         Jabber ID: trejkaz@jabber.xaoza.net