Re: proposal for change of Flow.model

L. David Baron wrote:

> On Sunday 2004-07-25 06:07 -0400, Sjoerd Visscher wrote:
>
>>Applying CSS or XSL to this model is also much more straightforward.
>

> Why?  Any conformant CSS implementation is required to deal with blocks
> that contain both blocks and inlines.  (And there's nothing HTML can do
> about that, even for HTML-only CSS implementations, unless such
> implementations don't implement the 'display' property.)
>
> -David

I wasn't thinking of the CSS implementation, but for CSS stylesheet
writers.

Suppose you have to write a stylesheet for a forum, and all posts are
validated with the XSLT 2.0 schema. You're trying to get the margins
right. Then it'll be *easier* if the schema wouldn't allow this:

   some <b>more</b> text

The original poster wouldn't mind, because he clearly made a mistake.

--
Sjoerd Visscher
http://w3future.com/weblog/