RE: HTML Multiclassing for CSS

From: Lindsay Evans <lindsay@redsquare.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:38:33 +1100
To: <www-html@w3.org>

www-html-request@w3.org wrote:
> (X)HTML should have support for multiclassing, which
> can deflate code size. It is especially useful when
> dynamically changing style through the DOM (i.e. with
> JavaScript.) A sample markup snippet would be:

I believe this is already part of the recommendation:

"class = cdata-list [CS]
   This attribute assigns a class name or set of class names to an element.
Any number of elements may be assigned the same class name or names.
Multiple class names must be separated by white space characters."

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

 Lindsay Evans.
 Red Square Productions.

 [p] 8596.4000