noscript inside p

From: Greg Willits <willitsg@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:00:55 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org

XHTML 1.0 T doesn't allow <noscript> inside <p>, or at least the
current validator doesn't allow it. I don't understand the reasoning
alternative cannot. This doesn't make sense.

What I want to do is:

Which generates:

	<script type="text/javascript">
	<!--
	.... some JS stuff here to build mailto: link ....
	//-->
	</script>
	<noscript>name(at)domain.dom</noscript>
	 bla bla bla

But XHTML validation fails. The custom tag is general purpose, so
there's no way for me to know whether P or Hn or who knows what is
being used, and I can't just put <p> inside the noscript tags.

It seems to me the specification should allow <noscript> inside of tags
like <p> for the above purposes.

Maybe this has changed in subsequent specs, I haven't got that far yet.

-- greg willits