Re: style attribute type

From: Toby A Inkster <tobyink@goddamn.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:02:20 +0000
To: Greg Baker <ggbaker@cs.sfu.ca>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

Yet another reason to ditch @style altogether.

And all the @onclick, @onfocus, etc crud.

| There is also no mention of the media where inline style information
| should be applied.  Does it apply to all media?  That would seem to make
| sense since authors could select the media with the style sheet
| language:

It is arguably already allowed. The syntax of CSS rules in @style has
never been properly defined, so we must assume that any CSS syntax from
any CSS spec is OK. There was an attempt to define a standard syntax
for CSS in @style:

	http://www.w3.org/TR/css-style-attr

but that seems to have been largely abandoned. Current browsers only
seem to support syntax #1 of the 4 suggested there.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS