Re: Correct usage of the q element

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:29:47 +0000 (UTC)
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

>> [cite]
> I'm not sure I see what robots could do with those attributes.

I use the attribute myself. For example, if I am reading something I wrote
many months previously, I use the cite attribute to find the original
source of the text. (Good browsers offer access to the cite attribute in
their UI; when using others I just look at the source.)

> They hardly even try now

There are several sites that use them, for example:

   http://diveintomark.org/archives/citations/

...is generated using the cite attribute in posts.