Re: Please remove the src and type attributes.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Orion Adrian wrote:

>         An image of us on holiday.

I'm not sure what we should think about this src and type idea, though it
looks like a pointless and confusing generalization right now.

But I _am_ sure that examples like that are seriously misleading.
How would the text "An image of us on holiday." be a _replacement_ for the
image? It very much looks like something obligatory written there with
no thought devoted to thinking what good it might possibly do.

I wouldn't comment on this if it were not so that such examples
are a tradition in HTML specifications. Please, if you can present an
example that is exemplary, don't present any example. Examples will be
taken more seriously than the lengthy technical explanations, so if
there's a conflict, people will just ignore the text.