Re: Expansion of the summary tag

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:25:30 +0100 (MET)
To: "Orion Adrian" <oadrian@hotmail.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

> I would personally like to see a summary or description tag for the head
> section of an XHTML document. [...]

There already is a sufficient mechanism offered by meta elements, only
designed to provide additional information about the associated document (meta
data are 'data about data', CMIIW). In the mentioned case, you can e.g. use one
of the following elements

to describe and summarize your document.

> [...] As a further suggestion, might I suggest that for both the title and

> the summary [...]

There is at least the flaw that you cannot use several 'title' and 'summary'
IDs on a single page, and I furthermore question this suggestion in general
[...].

Best regards,
 Jens.

--