Re: [xhtml2] Questions

Le 22 août 2004, à 17:07, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> Such a guide might be nice. Although I think that a tight
> specification should be enough. The above addressed questions should
> be clear from the specification.

Not necessary, you can't cover all the usage of an attribute or an
element. It really depends on the context and the use. Don't think
uniquely in terms of visual Desktop browsers with a human behind.

A specification is something very particular, it's not only an
implementation guide for a specific device, environment, etc. It could
be in certain circomstances but it's not only that.

	http://esw.w3.org/topic/MeaningVsBehavior

> Maybe some RDF attribute should be developed? So elements can be given
> more specific semantics without the need for CLASS "hacks" or "ugly
> workarounds".

There's no hacks at all. It's because CSS 1, 2, 2.1 doesn't support
namespaces at all, and "dc:title" has no more value than "title" and
XHTML 2.0 will have a mechanism to create Graph-like assertions.

> Maybe because the specification doesn't define how a browser should
> treat the attribute exactly? It doesn't sound really like good design
> either to hide information that should be displayed inside an
> attribute.

Because it's not easy to define. Some people will want it displayed,
some others not, some will want to have this behaviour, etc. It's
always the balance between the Meaning and the Behaviour of your
language.

>> When there is for example an "http-like" URI. You may wish to have a
>> contextual menu to go to the source.
>
> Exactly. Or having elements so people can describe the source of
> quotation.

>   <source href="http://example.org/">...</source>
>
> Where SOURCE can have nested inline elements.

errrr... xhtml 2.0. Why do you want to create another element which
already exists and can you put an href into it.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-text.html#edef_text_cite

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***