RE: <NOBR> - Returning to the question....

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 19:20, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Ian Hickson wrote:
>
> > In effect it is an "escape" from HTML's
> > user agent stylesheet.
>
> Really? I thought <pre> existed long before style sheets were a reality.

Before CSS for sure, but user agents have always used style sheets in
some form or another -- albeit often encoded in the agent's internal
logic rather than in some formal language editable to the end user. (And
CSS was not the earliest implementation of such a style sheet language.)

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS