Re: complexity

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> Authors want to do silly things like :first-letter, and marketing wants
>>> to satisfy these silly wishes...
>>
>> I'm confused; you want the working group to _not_ address author
> wishes?
>
> Yes. Of course. <http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20010805.html>.

I said author wishes, not author design proposals. Usability studies are
great for discovering _how_ to do something, but you also have to find out
_what_ the users want to do in the first place.

For example, CSS authors are clamouring for features to allow centering
their content. Why should we not make that possible?