Re: complexity

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 01:57:36AM -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:

> My desire for simplicity is for authorship first and implementation
> second. Why? Because these documents are going to be authored a lot
> more often than implemented.

This approach is not realistic. The best you can do is to weigh up the
benefits.

Otherwise you might just as well claim that computers should generally
think for you. After all, they are much more often used than invented...

It doesn't help that a standard is nice to the user/author, if it can't
realistically be implemented with current technology. Today it's easier
to create a fairly complete operating system than a fairly complete web
browser! And even the most advanced existing browsers still implement
only a fraction of what W3C has devised.

-antrik-