Re: complexity (was: Re: XHTML and RDF)

>* Orion Adrian wrote:
> >>All you need to do is to come up with something better and convince the
> >>community, ideally early on the W3C Recommendation Track, but there is
> >>of course nothing wrong with developing Technologies outside W3C.
> >>Leaning back and complaining does not yield in better technology.
> >
> >I am also free to write another linux variant, but I understand who makes
> >the rules. Even given a superior spec, it's unlikely that my version will
> >get attention. Relax NG is a far superior implementation of a schema
> >language (from my perspective), but most people have either never heard
>of
> >it or never used it. I know the W3C is the primary location most people
>go
> >to. I won't delude myself into thinking otherwise.
>
>Well, you are of course doomed if people do not care much about better
>technology.

People do care about better technology. The problem is not there, the
problem is that more tools are written and are going to be written based on
W3C specs. It comes down to momentum. As a technology author I have overcome
the immense momentum that the W3C has. That's difficult for anybody.

Orion Adrian

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp