Re: <NOBR> - Returning to the question ( 2 )

From: <olafBuddenhagen@web.de>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:34:34 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 08:47:45PM +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> > None of the major browsers does a good job with line breaking, at
> > present
>
> And this means that for several years from now on, if not longer,
> <nobr> and <wbr> are the only practical way to avoid some really nasty
> phenomena.

In case this wasn't clear enough from other comments:

We won't see XHTML 2 implemented for several years from now either
(actually I don't think we will even see the final XHTML 2 *standard*
for several years from now...); so this JUST DOESN'T MATTER.

I don't see how today's browsers' brokenness should affect the design of
a future language.

-antrik-