Re: Problem with LANG keyword

Reuven Nisser wrote:
> Hello,
> I agree that my argument holds only when different languages use different
> alphabets. Yes, it's a limitation I can live with.
>
> Notice that the Content-Language META allows usage of more than one
> language. It also defines that the order of the languages is important and
> represents "priorities".

 From HTTP/1.1:
14.12 Content-Language

Multiple languages MAY be listed for content that is intended for
multiple audiences. For example, a rendition of the "Treaty of
Waitangi," presented simultaneously in the original Maori and English
versions, would call for

However, just because multiple languages are present within an entity
does not mean that it is intended for multiple linguistic audiences. An
example would be a beginner's language primer, such as "A First Lesson
in Latin," which is clearly intended to be used by an English-literate
audience. In this case, the Content-Language would properly only include
"en".

And I can't find anything about priorities in the section. According to
the HTTP/1.1 spec, a document with hebrew text interspersed with english
words, should be sent with
because the intended audience is hebrew speaking people, not english
speaking people.
--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)