Re: Scrollbar Code

From: Arthur Wiebe <webmaster@awiebe.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:46:21 -0400
To: "Brandon L. Pisani" <giricredwolf@hotmail.com>, www-html@w3.org

I think that will and should remain nonstandard. First of all I like the
way the scrollbars on Mac OS X look on most browsers. The nice "Aqua"
look. But if they had had to support something like this, that would
ruin them! In order for that nonstandard CSS below to work, the
scrollbars would have to be like they are on Classic Mac OS or Windows
Classic. It would be impossible or very difficult to implement this on
scroll bars such as the ones on OS X or other Windows XP themes.
Second of all I wouldn't really like it if I went to a web page and the
scroll bars changed. That has happened before when I still used IE on
and it didn't look very good.
<Arthur/>