Re: allow UTF-16 not just UTF-8 (PR#6774)

One more thing, just one more thing.  Every option or alternative adds one
more thing.

I think I'll pass on that one more thin mint.

Don Wright                 don@lexmark.com

Chair,  IEEE SA Standards Board
Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors
f.wright@ieee.org / f.wright@computer.org

Director, Alliances and Standards
Lexmark International
740 New Circle Rd C14/082-3
Lexington, Ky 40550
859-825-4808 (phone) 603-963-8352 (fax)

"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> on 10/15/2003 07:26:24 PM

To:    <don@lexmark.com>
cc:    "BIGELOW,JIM \(HP-Boise,ex1\)" <jim.bigelow@hp.com>,
       <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>, <don@lexmark.com>,
       <voyager-issues@mn.aptest.com>, <elliott.bradshaw@zoran.com>,
       <www-html@w3.org>
Subject:    Re: allow UTF-16 not just UTF-8 (PR#6774)

But support for UTF 16 adds a few dozen bytes of code, and no extra memory
requirements. It is simpler than UTF 8! What's the problem?

Steven