Re: Several suggestions about the CSS validator

From: J. King <mtknight@dark-phantasy.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:54:38 -0400
To: "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:28:35 +0200, Maximilian Baumgart
<max.baumgart@web.de> wrote:

> Second, the validator doesn't recognise display:inline-block, because it
> was introduced just in CSS 2.1 and not in CSS 2. But there is no CSS 2.1
> Validator and that's why I'll get errors every time when I validate
> Style sheets using display:inline-block, although I use valid CSS 2.1...

There's technically no such thing as valid CSS2.1, becuase it's not a
published recommendation yet.  It could (and does) change quite a lot
before a final publication.  Hence, to update the validator when it could
be wrong next week would be a waste of energy.

By now the specification has stabilised, but it's still best to wait.

--
J. King
mailto:mtknight@dark-phantasy.com